Always start with a five-minute warm-up prior to doing these exercises, such as a brisk walk in place or around your home. We recommend doing four rounds of 15 reps each. Be sure to hydrate between each round!
Exercises with a Fit Ball
- Lower Back
- Abs and Obliques
- One Legged Squats
- Push Ups
Exercises with a Bosu Ball
Bosu Burpees — Beginner
- Step back, no push-up.
Bosu Burpees — Advanced
- Jump back, full push up.
Bosu Plank — Beginner
- Hold for 60 seconds.
Bosu Side Lung Hop Up — Beginner
- Slow paced, longer lunges.
Bosu Side Lung Hop Up — Advanced
- Quick pace, actively hopping between each leg.
Bosu Mountain Climbers — Beginner
- Bring each knee into your chest slowly.
Bosu Mountain Climbers — Advanced
- Alternate knee to chest quickly.
Total Body Workout using the Stairs
- Cardio: running up and down the stairs.
- Step up side lunges.
- Tricep dips.
Stretching: While indulging in some at-home exercises always remember to stretch — there are many benefits to regular stretching to include increased flexibility, reduced stress, fewer body aches and more!
- Cardio: sit up with alternating punches
- Glutes: alternating leg lifts while planking.
- Abs and Obliques: Knee to elbow while planking on one side.
- Plank press-ups.
- Knee Skips.
- High Knees.
- Shoulder Blade Squeeze.
- Back Pumps.
Benefits of Eucalyptus
Eucalyptus oil is an essential oil that can be purchased at your local drug store. It’s used in steam rooms and baths worldwide and provides a variety of benefits. If you have some eucalyptus oil in your home, place a few drops in a warm bath or add some to a steaming pot of hot water and inhale the steam from a safe distance. Doing so will provide the benefits below:
- Stimulating: removes exhaustion and mental sluggishness and rejuvenates. It is also effective in treating stress and mental disorders.
- Relaxes muscles: helps eliminate lactic acid build-up and eases muscle tension and pain.
- Aids in sleep and deep relaxation of the body and mind.
- Aids in the decrease of asthmatic conditions removes mucus and toxins from the lungs.
- Opens nasal pathways and dilates airways for deeper breathing.
- Opens skin and pores flushing out dirt and toxins that pollute your skin.
- Hydrates your skin, reducing signs of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It improves the immune system.
- Eucalyptus oil is known for it's antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic and stimulating properties.
Benefits of Whirlpools
Benefits of a soak in a whirlpool can include muscle relaxation, decreased pain, and joint stiffness and greater ease when performing exercise and daily activities. Whirlpool jets provide therapeutic massage, stimulating the release of endorphins, which are the body's natural painkiller. Other health benefits of using a whirlpool include ...
- Stress Relief: Stress relief stress results in muscle tension, headaches, fatigue and soreness. Regular whirlpool use, through a combination of buoyancy, heat, and massage relieves tension and stress.
- Minimize the pain of arthritis: Minimize the pain of arthritis for people with arthritis, the Arthritis Research Campaign recommends using a whirlpool as an excellent way to apply heat to arthritic joints.
- Promotes weight loss: Promotes weight loss in clinical studies patients who used whirlpools lost an average of 3.5 pounds in weight without any new diet or physical exercise programs.
- Sleep more soundly: Sleep more soundly a study in the journal 'Sleep' showed that soaking in a whirlpool prior to bedtime will not only help you fall asleep but will provide a deeper, more relaxing sleep as the body cools.
- Lowers blood pressure: Lowers blood pressure a recent study for the Mayo Clinic recommended that relaxing in a whirlpool can be beneficial for heart disease patients. The study showed that relaxing in a whirlpool is less stressful on the heart and more beneficial than working out on an exercise bike.